Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Contrec Ltd, we are committed to respecting your privacy rights and pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Contrec Ltd is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This Policy sets out how Contrec Ltd uses and protects information that you give us when you use our website or email systems.
All information collected by Contrec Ltd is covered by the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
Although the regulation does not require Contrec Ltd to be registered with the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller we are still committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information.
This policy covers:
- What data we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- Security and how we protect your data
- Third Parties
- Controlling your personal information
What data we collect
Contrec will only collect data that is relevant to our business relationship, including:
- Your name, job title and mobile number if required
- Company name, address, telephone, fax number, email address and VAT number
- Other information which is relevant to customer offers
- Your communication and marketing preferences
What we do with the information we gather
Contrec obtain this information from you to be able to get a better understand of your needs and to enable us to provide the best possible service to you, including:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us, including invoicing
- Customer/Supplier Feedback
- To advise you of any changes, such as prices changes or opening times
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about our offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes, to better understand your needs
- Where we have a legal right or duty, to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Contrec may use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) or if we identify a legitimate interest and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest Contrec campaigns & offers.
We aim to update you about products and services which are of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
Contacting Contrec via the contact channels set out on our website
Security and protecting your data
Contrec will take appropriate technical, administrative and organisational security measures to protect your stored personal data from unauthorised access, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction.
Please note that your data can be lost or can be accessed by unauthorised parties during trans-mission over the Internet or e-mail. We cannot assume any responsibility and expressly disclaim any liability for the security of your data during transmission. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the computer you are using is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and the like. If you cannot ensure this, we ask you to use other means of communication.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is activated. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for non user-specific statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Contrec share your personal data with third party service providers processing personal data on our behalf, these are.
Capsule CRM – Personal data is shared with Capsule to enable us to service our customer’s needs and keep them informed. You can find a link to their data processing agreement here https://capsulecrm.com/dpa/
Logistics companies – Personal data may be shared with our carrier companies to enable us to deliver and complete your orders with Contrec Ltd.
Controlling your personal Information
- You have the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time
- You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- You have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact us in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer, Contrec Ltd, Riverside, Canal Road, Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX6 2AY